Members Helping Members - Educating, Informing, Supporting
1. Kickstarter.com is a great funding site where entrepreneurs take a crowdsourcing approach to funding. 75% of kickstarter projects have made funding according to Mitch Joel.
2. Don't try to contain social media in one department. Make it part of your company's culture and make everyone responsible for integrating it into the plan.
3. Videos don't have to be expensive productions to serve a purpose. Make your own short video (a few minutes at most) and get your message out.
4. Linkedin has added an updates tab where you can search for mentions of a word or phrase, It can also be accessed directly by going to http://linkedin.com/signal.
5. One of the biggest dangers developing with the use of social media is the propogation of erroneous data. Don't believe, share, or act on data simply because it was posted somewhere. Ask the right questions.
6. Cusomers are willing to give up some privacy in exchange for value. Provide valuable information or tools, and you can build your contact list.
7. A blog can be an incredibly powerful way to change how people think, if you know who you're addressing and what they need/want to know. Paying attention to your regular readers builds loyalty, too.
8. Customer questions make great blog content. Find sources for content ideas and plan ahead so you don't run out. Plan to post at least weekly, and more often if possible.
9. Engaging with influencers can exponentially increase your exposure. Audi invited Calvin Lee to drive the new car, schmooz with others in a party, and bring 7 of his friends. What resulted were blog posts, comments, retweets... The result was incredible.
10: Content should be relevant, interesting, timely, and entertaining (RITE).