Welcome to E.O.K.

Who:  We are a very diverse group of successful business owners and entrepreneurs and those working to achieve their goal of becoming an entrepreneur.

Why:  We believe we all learn something from each other...no matter if you're on your 1st startup or your 101st.  We believe no one person has all the answers...it is impossible to build a company without help.

How:  Weekly tech talks published via YouTube, Ustream, and iTunes.  Monthly Lunch-n-Learn events; Scheduled crowd-sourcing; Peer Groups; Pub Nights.

What:  A non-profit focused on helping each member build successful startups through peer education and support.  

Please check the FAQ section if you have Questions. Your Board of Directors is made up of volunteers with a passion for seeing entrepreneurs succeed!

When:  Check the EVENTS tab for details and to RSVP

Monthly Lunch-n-Learn every 2nd Wednesday 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.  Quarterly "New Member Orientation". Weekly Podcast.

Annual CELEBRATION

Where: Our monthly Wednesday meetings are held at Cherokee Mills 2220 Sutherland Ave., Knoxville TN (the corner of Sutherland and Concord).

EOK Videos

EoK Episode 208 (Web Talk)

In this week's episode, Leo and Janet will discuss the details of maintaining a website for your business. Topics will include platforms for website hosting, methods of tracking website visitation, and much more.

Cast: Entrepreneurs of Knoxville

Tags: website, talk, leo, janet, eok, entrepreneur, knoxville, podcast and web

EoK Episode 207 (Meet and Greet)

This week, like the first week of each month, EoK will host a meet and greet. Members will take turns presenting to the group about their lives and careers.

Tags: meet, greet, eok, entrepreneur, knoxville, speed, round, interviews and podcast

EoK Episode 218 (Meet and Greet)

Shifting slightly from the normal structure of meet and greet Wednesdays, this week, the EoK podcast will be comprised of impromptu interviews. Members will take turns questioning one another to familiarize themselves with both the interview process and their fellow members.

Tags: meet, greet, eok, entrepreneur, knoxville, speed, round, interviews and podcast

Newsletter Signup

get the EoK newsletter
* indicates required

E.O.K. Daily Newspaper

I have several pieces of real estate that I own solely. All of my properties are commercial, industrial, or vacant industrial. This is where I'm comfortable. I have had an interest in flipping and foreclosure but never had the time or comfort level to take it on myself.

I was thinking today about forming groups of real estate investors that would pool some money together for the purpose of investing in such ventures. I would like to have a lead with experience in the type of ventures the group is focused on. For example, I have a buddy that flips houses and seems to be very good at it. I also have other buddies that invest in real estate, have never flipped houses, but would like to try. I could see 5-6 of us forming an LLC, putting in equal shares of equity, and have Pat take the lead to find good properties and guide us in the rehab.

What do you think? Anyone have experience with groups like this?

Tags: REIG, Real Estate

Views: 63

Replies to This Discussion

Good idea. I've had experience with groups of 3 and it went well. I think if you can avoid the "too many cooks in the kitchen" dilemna, you could attempt to have more members involved. I think it would be a great idea for those wanting to invest in real estate, but do not have the time to hunt for properties, rehab, market, etc. Maybe this "Investors Guild" could be more of a capital source, financing the projects and making their money on the interest and a finance charge??

Lots of angles for this!!
I like the idea, and Ronnie's suggestion. We could create something similar to Angel Investing groups I have seen where someone can find a property, pitch it to the group and interested participants can invest, with appropriate compensation/participation to the finder. The problem may be finding things with the appropriate deal size.
I may have a couple of resources for finding single family units for flipping or rehab and rent. One is a fellow I met a few weeks ago; he restores Victorian homes and said he finds deals in the $20k-$30k range but doesn't have the money to buy them himself. He would be interested in locating and restoring. We could pay him a finders fee or he could participate in the LLC as a sweat equity member getting compensated for his time, services, plus taking a share of the profit.

A buddy of mine does flipping himself. He finds the properties, buys them, restores them, sales them and is pretty good at it. I've sent Pat an email asking if he is interested but haven't heard back yet. I'll let you know what he says.
As a licensed General Contractor, I would love to help establish a standard proforma and forms for establishing estimates of costs for improvements.
Everyone that knows my husband and me knows about our dream of owning a coffee house, however, not many know about our "real" job and how we make a living. We are estate liquidators and we haven't run into a single client yet that wasn't trying to unload their home.

We want to get to the point in our company where we can purchase our client's home, and flip them, but we aren't there yet financially. We may be interested in a joint venture, and can possibly provide leads with houses. We can take a house from the estate liquidation, to repairs and staging for an open house, but as far as purchasing and flipping, we lack in experience, but plan to try it.

Do you have your team assembled already? I'm a late finder of your post and we have been away from EOK for quite a while now, working on estates.

If want to see what we have to offer, you can see our site here: http://estatefreedom.com

RSS

© 2014   Created by Leonard Knight.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video

Google+