http://www.knoxseniors.org/onecall/ I have a buddy at church who was key in getting this organization setup here in Knoxville. They are looking for some help in making their site and their service more usable. They want to add a Member Manager function to their existing website to allow members to enter their contact information online. They also want to add online payment to allow an out-of-town child of an older adult to pay for a membership for their parent as a gift.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm thinking a paypal button would be an easy way to get paid. Might require some code to connect the payment to the correct member. We may have a solution for the member manager portion but are open to ideas!

They were also asking me about a cell phone chat-like service...they had never heard of twitter. I think this would be a perfect fit for yammer!

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They need to find a designer familiar with something like Joomla. This will give them an easy to use, fully functional website. Including shopping card, membership database, sign up forms, log in area for information that you would like to make only available to members and or staff. Calendars, blogs and so much more. The possibilities are endless. Joomla is a content management system which means that they will be able to add and manage content to the site easily without assistance from a web designer. They simply log in and add the information to the appropriate area of the site without using or needing to know any HTML or coding and without fear of messing up the site because everything is added from the front end not the back end.

I think this is such a wonderful project. I hate to see anyone placed in a Nursing Home. It seems to me that the longer they can live and function on their own the better. I have seen too many placed in homes go downhill fast. My parents are deceased but I would never have even considered putting them in a nursing home. I wish that a service like this was available to every senior citizen. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

RSS

Events

© 2019   Created by Leonard Knight.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video

Google+